You may be experiencing problems with your SimpliSafe doorbell camera. If so, this guide is here to help you fix the problem and get your doorbell camera back up and running as soon as possible.
Not sure what’s going on? Sometimes a simple issue can have complex causes that require troubleshooting in order to find an answer. This article will walk through how to troubleshoot common problems with your Simplisafe doorbell camera including battery life and connectivity issues.
How to Fix SimpliSafe Doorbell Camera Not Connecting to WiFi?
If you’re having trouble connecting your SimpliSafe doorbell camera to your WiFi network, there are a few things you can try.
- First, make sure the camera is flashing white before reconnecting.
- On your app, tap the three-bar menu icon and select your camera. Select your WiFi network and insert the security key you’ve created for your WiFi.
- Tap on “Get Your Code” and scan the QR code on the hardware of your camera with your phone.
- Note: Make sure your WiFi credentials haven’t been changed and that you’re writing them down correctly.
What To Do If the SimpliSafe Doorbell Goes Offline
To troubleshoot your SimpliSafe doorbell camera, first, verify that it is plugged into an electrical outlet and your home’s WiFi network. Then check to see if there is a light on in the camera’s control room.
If not, investigate why: a dead battery, broken wire inside the camera, or obstruction between the lens of the camera and its control room could be contributing factors.
Resetting or replacing your SimpliSafe doorbell batteries will fix some issues but won’t correct others; you’ll need to troubleshoot further.
The wires coming out of your SimpliSafe may be twisted together or covered by plastic wrappers; unplugging them one at a time until it clears up whether any lose power when moved around (indicating a ground issue), or if they simply stop transmitting motion alerts altogether (suggesting an internet connection issue).
Finally, disable all other devices in your home before attempting to troubleshoot your Simplisafe Doorbell Camera other gadgets might be using bandwidth reserved for motion alerts sent from your SimpliSafe doorbell, which can cause intermittent offline problems with it as well.
How to Troubleshoot SimpliSafe doorbell camera that is not charging
If you are experiencing problems with your SimpliSafe doorbell camera, such as the device not charging, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take. First, try replacing the batteries on both the doorbell device and the keychain remote. If that does not solve the issue, contact the support center for further assistance.
When Should You Reset Your SimpliSafe Video Doorbell?
Resetting your SimpliSafe Video Doorbell might resolve any connection, installation, notification, or device issues. To do this, simply press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
There are a few things you can do if you’re experiencing problems with your SimpliSafe video doorbell. If your doorbell has disconnected from Wi-Fi, try reactivating your Wi-Fi and pairing the doorbell again.
If you need to download a new mobile app, download and install the new SimpliSafe mobile app. And finally, if notifications aren’t being sent or video is not streaming in night vision mode, check that motion detection settings are working properly by manually triggering a motion event on your video doorbell.
How to Reset Your SimpliSafe Doorbell Camera
There are two ways to reset your SimpliSafe doorbell camera. The first is to press the small button on the back of the device before placing it back on the charging mount.
This will soft reset your camera and fix the most common problems. If that does not work, you can try pressing the large button on the back of the device for 10 seconds before placing it back on the charging mount. This will hard reset your camera and fix any other issues.
Power Problems: How to Install the SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro Camera Using an Indoor Power Adapter
To install the SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro Camera using an indoor power adapter, purchase an adapter specifically designed for the doorbell.
Connect the adapter to an outlet near your doorbell, and plug in the power cord. Turn on the doorbell by pressing its button and wait for it to finish scanning for occupancy before opening your door.
Resolving Simplisafe Doorbell Issues through Simplisafe Doorbell Technical Support
If you’re having issues with your SimpliSafe doorbell camera, the best thing to do is to contact the SimpliSafe team for help. They will be able to guide you through the process of troubleshooting and fixing the problem. If you’re confident in your abilities, you can try to perform troubleshooting by yourself.
However, if you need more detailed instructions on how to fix the issue yourself, you can get remote guidance from experts.
What are the top Simplisafe doorbell troubleshooting tips?
Check the batteries
If your Simplisafe doorbell isn’t working, the first thing you should check is the battery. If the battery is dead, it will need to be replaced. If the battery isn’t the problem, check the box that the doorbell came in for any troubleshooting tips. Make sure that the keypad is within range of the base station; if it’s not, it will display “Keypad Out of Range” on its screen.
Check the doorbell chime
If your Simplisafe doorbell chime isn’t working, the first thing you should do is contact customer support. If the issue is with the chime itself, they may be able to help you troubleshoot the problem or send you a replacement part.
If the problem is that the chime is only dinging, it may need a chime connector. This part can sometimes become loose, which causes the chime to not work properly. You can check to see if this is the problem by unscrewing the cover and taking a look at the connector. If it is loose, try tightening it. If that doesn’t work, you may need to replace the connector entirely.
If none of these solutions work, it’s possible that you will need a new battery for your Simplisafe doorbell chime. You can find out how to do this by contacting customer support or looking online for instructions specific to your model of doorbell chime.
Check the WiFi connection
To check the WiFi connection for the Simplisafe doorbell, hold your phone near the camera and check the number of dashed Wi-Fi coverage. If the connection is poor, try reducing the distance between the camera and your Wi-Fi router. If there are no solutions, consult your internet provider.
Check the Simplisafe app
Simplisafe has a comprehensive security system that includes video doorbells and indoor cameras. You can check the Simplisafe app for doorbell troubleshooting tips. In case of an emergency, Simplisafe will alert the authorities.
Reset the doorbell
If you’re having trouble with your Simplisafe doorbell, one troubleshooting tip is to try resetting it. To do this, remove the faceplate and press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds. The ring light located on the front should flash a few times to indicate that the doorbell has been reset. If it doesn’t work, try pressing and holding the button for 10-30 seconds. If that doesn’t work either, then you may need to replace the batteries.
Where is the reset button on the SimpliSafe Doorbell camera?
The reset button on the SimpliSafe doorbell camera is located on the back of the device. To reset it, press and hold the button for 10 seconds.
How do I reset my SimpliSafe doorbell pro?
If your SimpliSafe doorbell pro is not working properly, you can try resetting it. There are three ways to reset the doorbell: soft reset, hard reset, and reinstall.
- To soft reset the doorbell, press the small button on the back of the doorbell before putting it back on the charging mount. This may fix any minor issues with the doorbell.
- To hard reset the doorbell, press the large button on the back of the doorbell for 10 seconds before putting it back on the charging mount. This will erase all stored data on the doorbell and may fix more serious issues.
- To reinstall the doorbell, remove it from its current location and follow the SimpliSafe installation instructions again. This is a good solution if you’re having trouble connecting your doorbell to your home WiFi network.
How do I get my SimpliSafe doorbell to work?
To set up your SimpliSafe doorbell, you will need to follow these steps:
- Install the SimpliSafe app and sign up for an account
- Scan the QR code on the bottom of your doorbell base station or enter the serial number manually
- Set up your camera by clicking on “setup SimpliCam”
- Enter your Wi-Fi network and password
- Choose where you are installing your SimpliSafe doorbell and tap “yes” if you see a flashing white light
- Take your phone close to the camera to connect it wirelessly
Why does my SimpliSafe doorbell camera not working?
One possible reason why your SimpliSafe doorbell camera is not working is because of a problem with the mounting plate or the wireless router. If the status LED light is flashing red, then the camera may not be able to connect to the router. The camera should be in the range of the wireless router and be transmitting over 2.4ghz.
Check your doorbell camera is connected to wifi. If the camera is not connected to wifi, try resetting the camera. If resetting the camera does not work, then you may need to replace the camera.
Does the SimpliSafe doorbell need to be charged?
The SimpliSafe doorbell does not need to be charged because it is battery-operated. It comes with a rechargeable battery, so you can use it right away after installation. The doorbell will continue to work even if the power goes out in your home.
What Does the SimpliSafe Home security system Brand Bring to the Table?
- This company offers products that focus on video doorbells and indoor cameras, as opposed to other brands that try to do everything and be everything.
- With SimpliSafe, you’ll have access to 24/7 alarm monitoring, meaning you’ll always know if there’s an issue with your security system.
- The SimpliSafe brand has a complete security lineup that mostly focuses on video doorbells and indoor cameras, which makes it different from other companies that try to do everything and be everything.
- SimpliSafe even offers wired systems, CCTV surveillance, alarm systems, and more—all without sacrificing the quality or features offered by their home security system brands