Do you ever feel like you’re living in a black and white movie when you check your Ring Doorbell camera footage? It’s not just your imagination – sometimes, these cameras can get stuck in night mode, leaving you with footage that’s lacking color and clarity.
But fear not, fellow Ring Doorbell owners! With a few quick fixes, you can bring your camera back to full color and get the most out of your security system.
In this blog, we’ll go over everything you need to know to troubleshoot and fix the black and white issue on your Ring Video Doorbell camera in no time.
Why Is My Ring Doorbell Recording or Showing in Black and White?
Ring Doorbell Cameras sometimes show recordings or live video in black and white due to various reasons, including being locked in night mode, lighting issues caused by infrared lights, and lack of available light due to shades covering the doorbell.
To resolve this issue, one can restart the Ring Doorbell, make infrared adjustments, change the environment of the doorbell camera, or contact the Ring Technical Support Team for further guidance.
It is essential to troubleshoot the issue of Ring Doorbell Cameras showing black and white promptly to ensure optimal functionality.
We have elaborated on the points above in the next section.
How to quickly fix the black-and-white issue on your Ring Video Doorbell camera
Restart your Ring Doorbell Camera
If your Ring Doorbell Camera is stuck in black-and-white mode, restarting the device can help restore it to its base settings and resolve the issue. To restart your Ring Doorbell Camera, follow these steps:
- Unplug the device from its power source and detach it from the wall.
- Look for the orange button on the back of the device and press and hold it for about 20 seconds.
- Watch for a flashing signal on the front of the device, indicating that it is rebooting.
- Leave the device for five minutes to complete its reset process.
Remember to ensure that the system is unplugged before restarting it. Restarting the Ring Doorbell Camera is an effective way to fix the black-and-white issue and restore your device’s functionality.
Check and adjust your infrared settings in the Ring app
If you are experiencing black-and-white video footage on your Ring Video Doorbell camera, adjusting the infrared settings in the Ring app can help resolve the issue.
Some Ring doorbell models have more advanced settings than others, so it’s important to check if your device allows you to adjust the infrared light settings.
In this section, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to access and adjust the infrared settings in the Ring app, along with additional tips and warnings to ensure the process is successful.
By checking and adjusting the infrared settings, you can improve the visibility and quality of your Ring Video Doorbell camera footage.
To adjust the infrared settings on your Ring Video Doorbell camera, follow these steps:
- Open the Ring app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner.
- Select “Devices” from the list.
- Choose your device from the list of devices.
- Select “Device settings” in the device option.
- Look for a “Video Settings” button and tap it.
- Find the “Night Vision” option in the Video settings tab.
- If the Night Vision is set to “Normal,” tap it and set it to “Auto.”
If the above steps do not solve the issue, you can also try looking around your device for areas with too much shade, as this can trick the Ring Video Doorbell camera into remaining in night vision mode and affect the visibility of the video footage.
It’s important to note that some Ring doorbell models may not have the option to adjust the infrared settings, so if you do not see the “Night Vision” option, your last resort may be to change the environment of your Ring doorbell.
By checking and adjusting the infrared settings in the Ring app, you can ensure that your Ring Video Doorbell camera is functioning optimally and providing clear and visible footage.
It’s recommended to periodically check and adjust these settings to ensure the best performance from your device.
Change the placement or location of your Ring doorbell
If you are facing the issue of black-and-white videos or washed-out faces on your Ring Doorbell, changing its placement or location can help resolve the issue.
Here are some steps to follow:
- Test the placement: Before changing the location, test the placement of your Ring Doorbell using Live View in the Ring app. If the Doorbell can run on battery power, set it up before mounting it and test the placement.
- Flash some light: If the videos are washed-out, try flashing some light on the camera to see if it fixes the issue.
- Move the Doorbell: If the above steps do not work, consider moving the Ring Doorbell to a new location. If it is hardwired, you will need to install it where your existing doorbell is located.
- Use installation kits: If you need to angle your Doorbell slightly, use the Wedge Kit or Corner Kit that allows you to adjust the viewing angle of the camera.
- Test the new location: After changing the placement or location, test the Ring Doorbell again using Live View in the Ring app to see if the issue has been resolved.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and test different placements and angles until you find the perfect position to optimize its performance.
Improve the Lighting in your Ring Doorbell’s environment
Improving the lighting in your Ring Doorbell’s environment can help solve and prevent your Ring Doorbell footage from displaying black and white because lighting plays a crucial role in capturing clear and colorful footage.
Insufficient lighting can cause the camera to switch to night mode, which can result in black-and-white footage. On the other hand, proper lighting during the day can ensure that the subjects in the frame are well-lit and visible.
As well, setting up the Ring Doorbell camera for night-time photography is essential, and Ring Color Night Vision can help add valuable detail to your videos and pictures.
However, bright lights, including street lights or your neighbor’s lighting, can wash out the infrared image, causing a loss of color in your footage.
Therefore, improving the lighting in your Ring Doorbell’s environment can help solve and prevent your Ring doorbell footage from displaying black and white.
Update your software and firmware for your ring device
To update the software and firmware for your Ring Video Doorbell camera and fix the black-and-white issue, follow these steps:
- Open the Ring app on your external device and tap the three lines in the top left corner of the app.
- Click on your Ring device and select “Device Health” to search for firmware.
- Check if your firmware is up-to-date. If not, restart your device to trigger the update.
- Ensure that your Ring app and operating system are up-to-date.
- If the issue persists, claim the warranty on the device. It is crucial to regularly update your device’s software and firmware to keep it running optimally.
Checking for updates in the Ring app is an easy way to ensure that your device is up-to-date and functioning correctly.
Reset Your Ring Doorbell
If you are experiencing a black-and-white issue with your Ring Doorbell, resetting the device can be an effective solution. Resetting the device can help fix any software or hardware issues that may be causing the problem.
To reset the Ring Doorbell, watch this video guide:
Contact Ring technical support
If you’re experiencing the frustrating issue of your Ring Video Doorbell camera being stuck in black and white, it’s important to seek technical support from Ring. This will not only save you time and effort but also ensure that the issue is resolved quickly and effectively.
To contact Ring technical support, you can call their support number or send an email to their customer service team.
Once you’re connected with a representative, they will guide you through basic troubleshooting methods to increase the brightness and exposure of your camera, which should take no more than 10 minutes.
If the issue persists, Ring will offer you a free replacement of your device. Don’t hesitate to contact Ring technical support to quickly resolve the black-and-white issue on your Ring Video Doorbell camera.
Do Ring Doorbells Have Color Night Vision?
Yes, some Ring Doorbells come with color night vision that provides a colored view of the front porch. Kindly check out this list of Ring doorbells with color night vision feature.
How do I get my Ring camera out of black and white?
To get your Ring Doorbell Camera out of black and white, Restart your Ring Doorbell Camera, Improve lighting or change position, and Call Ring technical support for further guidance.
Can you turn off the night vision on the Ring Doorbell?
Yes, it is possible to turn off the night vision on a Ring Doorbell. In the Ring app, you can turn Color Night Vision on or off for select Ring Doorbells and Cameras, which adds color to video in low light for improved clarity and motion detection. Disabling this option will make any new recordings go in black and white.
Why is my Ring Doorbell not showing video?
Reasons why your Ring Doorbell not showing video include poor Wi-Fi signal, low battery, camera obstruction, and night vision malfunction. To address these issues, try repositioning the device, checking the Wi-Fi connection, ensuring there is sufficient light for night vision, and contacting Ring support for further assistance.
Why Is My Ring Camera In Black And White?
The Ring camera may be showing black and white footage due to various reasons. Common causes include inadequate lighting conditions, night vision mode activation, or issues with the camera’s hardware or settings. To troubleshoot, ensure proper lighting, check night vision settings, and consider resetting the camera if the issue persists.
Why Is My Ring Doorbell In Black And White?
If your Ring Doorbell is displaying in black and white, there may be several reasons. The most common ones include insufficient lighting, incorrect night vision settings, or a faulty camera sensor. Adjusting lighting conditions or adjusting night vision settings can usually help resolve the issue.