Ring devices are one of the perfect solutions to keep your home safe and sound. But what happens when you’ve got a Ring device with a previous owner’s information and you’re looking to bypass their ownership? Fret not, as we’ve got you covered.
In this blog, we’ll take you through the process of removing the previous owner of your Ring device and transferring ownership to someone else.
So, get ready to bid farewell to the previous owner and welcome a new era of home security with your Ring device.
Our research explicitly states that it is impossible to bypass Ring ownership due to Ring’s policies to protect their devices from being stolen or accessing someone’s house privacy.
The only way to transfer ownership is through an official process that involves contacting Ring customer support and following their specific instructions.
How to Bypass Ring Ownership: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Rid of the Last Owner
If you have acquired a Ring device from a previous owner and need to bypass their ownership, there are steps you can take to do so.
- Ensure that the previous owner has canceled their Ring Protect plan and removed the device from their account.
- Then, download the Ring app and set up the device in your own account.
- If the device is still showing as owned by someone else, you can request that they release it.
It is important to note that Ring’s own policies are in place to protect devices from theft and unauthorized access to personal privacy. If you are unable to contact the previous owner or they have passed away, contact Ring customer support for assistance.
By following the official process, you can easily transfer ownership of the device to yourself.
Removing the previous owner from your Ring device is a simple process that involves accessing the device’s settings, looking for an area labeled “Previous Owners,” selecting the owner you want to remove, and granting permission to the app.
Once the device is released, the previous owner will no longer have access to it, and it will be linked exclusively to you. Successfully bypassing Ring ownership will give you full control over the device and enhance the security and privacy of your home.
Is it possible to remove accounts from Ring?
Yes, it is possible to remove accounts from Ring. If you remove an account, the user will no longer have full access to any of your Ring devices, but they will still be able to view previously recorded videos that they took while they had access to your account.
More, if you want to delete your entire Ring account, you can log in to the Ring website or app and go to the account settings page to find the delete account option.
Before deleting your account, make sure to cancel any subscription plans and download any essential videos.
How to Request Ring Ownership from the Previous Owner
If you need to request Ring ownership from the previous owner, you can easily do so by following these steps:
- Contact Ring’s customer support through their website or by phone.
- Provide the representative with the device’s serial number and explain that you need to request ownership from the previous owner.
- The representative will then send an email to the previous owner requesting that they release ownership of the device to you.
- If the previous owner agrees to release ownership, they will need to follow the steps outlined by Ring to remove the device from their account and release ownership to you.
- Once the device is released, you can set it up in your own Ring account and configure its settings.
Remember that Ring’s ownership policies are in place to protect the privacy and security of its users, so be prepared to provide proof of ownership or purchase if necessary.
With these steps, you can easily request ownership from the previous owner and start using your Ring device with peace of mind.
How to set up and use a Ring as the new owner
Step 1: Download the Ring app
- To download the Ring app on your iOS or Android device, open the App Store or Google Play Store and search for “Ring.”
- Tap on the Ring app from the search results and select “Get” or “Install” to start the installation process. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to proceed with the installation.
Wait for the installation to complete, and the Ring app will appear on your device’s home screen. Always download the official Ring app and be cautious of third-party apps that can expose your phone to malware.
Step 2: Add your new owner account
To add a new owner account to your Ring device, you need to delete the doorbell from your Ring app so that the new owner can add it to their app.
Before transferring ownership, back up any video footage you want to keep, and factory reset the doorbell to erase all of its settings.
Also, consider any subscription services or shared users tied to the doorbell before transferring ownership. Follow these simple steps to add a new owner account to your Ring device:
- Delete your payment details from your Ring account.
- Factory reset the Ring doorbell to erase all of its settings.
- Download the Ring doorbell app and create a new account for the new owner.
- Add the Ring doorbell to the new owner’s account following the app’s instructions.
- Set up any subscription services or shared users for the new owner.
By following these steps, you can easily add a new owner account to your Ring device and ensure a smooth and successful ownership transition.
Step 3: Set up the doorbell
Setting up your Ring doorbell as a new owner is a simple process, but it requires following the instructions carefully for a successful setup.
- Begin by downloading the Ring app and creating an account.
- Then, select “Set up a device” from the main menu and choose the doorbell option.
- Scan the QR code on your Ring doorbell with your smartphone’s camera and follow the on-screen instructions to connect it to your WiFi network.
- If you experience poor WiFi signal or device connectivity errors, try moving the doorbell closer to your router or resetting your WiFi network.
Once your Ring doorbell is set up, you can customize your preferences in the app and start using it to keep your home safe and secure. Remember to test your device by pushing the front button to ensure it’s working properly. With these simple steps, you can have a fully functioning Ring doorbell in just a few minutes.
Step 4: Start recording video footage
To start recording video footage using your Ring device, you have several options. If you have a Ring Protect subscription, your videos will be saved automatically. If not, you can still record and save video footage using your phone, tablet, or computer.
On your PC or Mac, log in to your Ring account, click the image of your camera, and record your screen while the live stream plays.
- On Windows, enable Game Bar and press Windows key + G to start and stop recording.
- On a Mac, press Shift + Command + 5 to open the Screenshot toolbar, select the portion of the browser you want to record and click Record.
On your Android or iPhone, tap a Ring Alert or open Live View in the Ring App. Then, use your phone or tablet’s built-in screen recording tools to record and save your own video.
On an iPhone or iPad, add the screen record tool to Control Center, then open Control Center and tap the Record icon. On an Android, swipe down from the top of the home screen and tap Screen Record or Screen Recorder.
Remember to stop recording when you’re finished and locate your video footage in the appropriate folder or on your desktop.
Step 5: Configure motion sensitivity settings
Configuring motion sensitivity settings on a Ring device is an essential step in ensuring that you receive accurate motion alerts and recordings.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to adjust the sensitivity levels on your Ring device:
- Open the Ring app and tap the three lines on the top left of the screen.
- Select your Ring device and choose “Motion Settings Sensitivity.”
- Drag the slider to your desired level. Moving the slider to the right makes it more sensitive while moving it to the left makes it less sensitive.
- Ensure that none of the sensors are blocked by any objects that could cause an obstruction.
- Save the changes by tapping the “Save” button.
By following these simple steps, you can adjust your Ring device’s motion sensitivity settings to suit your needs and preferences.
Step 6: Set up passive alerts
Passive alerts are an essential feature of the Ring device that allows you to receive notifications on your phone when motion is detected outside your front door. These alerts can be customized to your preferences and can include rich notifications and person alerts.
- To set up passive alerts, start by opening the Ring app and ensuring that both Motion Alerts and Ring Alerts are enabled in the settings.
- Then, enable the notifications feature on your phone and adjust the motion sensitivity to respond to a smaller heat signature.
- Check for any active Motion Schedules that prevent your sensor from detecting movement and make sure that the Ring alerts and motion alerts controls are set to the blue “on” mode.
- To receive fewer interruptions, tailor your alerts and use Rich Notifications and Person Alerts.
Finally, test your passive alerts to ensure that they are working correctly. By following these steps, you can set up passive alerts that are customized to your preferences and receive notifications on your phone when motion is detected outside your front door.
Step 7: Try different video feeds and camera settings
As a new owner of a Ring video doorbell, it is important to try different video feeds and camera settings to ensure optimal performance for your home security.
To do this, access the settings menu and adjust the sensitivity and distance to enable night vision and improve motion detection in low-light conditions.
If the camera’s view is upside down, use the “Rotate Video” option to adjust the orientation.
If the motion is not being detected properly, consider checking for objects that may be blocking the motion sensors’ view and adjust the motion sensitivity in the Ring app. Also, disabling the “People Only Mode” may help detect more motion.
To reset the camera, press and hold the orange setup button for 10-20 seconds until the light stops flashing. By testing different video feeds and camera settings, you can ensure that your Ring video doorbell is working at its best to protect your home.
Remember to take off the battery cover and hold down the setup button while pressing it for 10-20 seconds to reset the camera.
Step 8: Monitor activity events and storage limits
As a new owner of a Ring doorbell, it’s important to monitor activity events and storage limits to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your device. The Ring app provides an intuitive user interface that allows you to monitor data, storage, platform, and hardware all in one place.
To view activity events, open the Ring app on your phone and scroll through your timeline. All events are recorded for up to 180 days, but after 6 months, they are automatically deleted.
If you want to keep events for personal reasons, you can save them locally on your device or share them with others. However, be aware that once you share an event, it may reach further than you expected.
Step 9: Use your phone’s built-in screen recording capability
As a new owner of a Ring doorbell, you can use your phone’s built-in screen recording capability to record videos without a subscription.
Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Check if your phone has a built-in screen recording feature. This feature can be found on most modern smartphones and tablets.
Step 2: If your phone has the feature, go to the Ring app and turn on the live watch option. Then, open the quick launch settings by swiping down on the Home Screen, and tap the screen recording icon to start recording the live footage.
Step 3: If your phone does not have the built-in screen recording feature, go to the Play or App Store and download a screen recordings app like AZ Screen Recorder or DU Recorder.
Step 4: Once you have the screen recording app installed, go to the Ring app and turn on the live watch option. Then, open the screen recording app and start recording the live footage.
Bonus tip: Other popular screen recording apps include Mobizen Screen Recorder, Screen Recorder & Video Recorder – XRecorder, and Screen Recorder – No Ads.
Remember, Ring often updates its software to prevent free recording, and your Ring account might get temporarily suspended if the company notices you are recording free footage.
So, use this method at your own risk and be aware of any potential consequences.
Step 10: Download videos
It is important to download videos from your Ring device, especially if they contain sensitive data. You can download videos from your Ring account through the Ring Mobile App or the web-based version of the app, Ring.com. T
How to Remove Ring Device Ownership for New User
1. Download Videos
To download videos from your Ring device, you can use either the Ring Mobile App or the web-based version of the app.
To download individual videos from the Ring Mobile App, access the app, go to the videos section, and proceed to the download.
To download multiple videos, log in to your Ring Account at Ring.com, go to the History tab, and click on the download icon on the bottom right of the thumbnail of the video you want.
You can also download up to 20 videos at a time by going to “Manage Events” under the “History” tab instead, select the videos you want, and click “Download”.
As well, obtain the shared link from the person who shared the Ring video with you via email or messaging apps. Open your preferred web browser, paste the shared link into the address bar, look for the prominently displayed download option on the webpage where the Ring video is hosted, and click on it to initiate the downloading process and save the video file.
The downloaded videos can be found in the Downloads folder of your device.
2. Cancel Ring Protect Plan
To cancel a Ring Protect Plan and remove device ownership for a new user, log into your account and select “Ring Protect Plan” on the left side of the page. Choose “Cancel Plan” and provide a reason for cancellation.
You can choose to cancel immediately or at the end of your billing cycle. Confirm the cancellation.
If you cancel before the end of your billing cycle, Ring will refund any unused days. Only the owner of the device can cancel the protection plan, not shared users.
3. Remove from Account
To remove a Ring device from the previous owner’s account, follow these steps:
- Open the Ring app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the dashboard.
- Select “Devices” and choose the device you want to remove.
- Tap on “Device Settings” and then “General Settings.”
- Select “Remove this Device” and confirm the action.
It’s important to ensure that the previous owner has removed the device from their account before attempting to add it to a new account. To troubleshoot common issues, try restarting the Ring device or logging out and back into the Ring app.
If you encounter any further issues, contact Ring customer support for assistance. By following these steps, you can easily remove a Ring device from the previous owner’s account and add it to your own account.
How do you reset Ring camera for a new owner
Resetting a Ring camera is necessary when transferring ownership to a new owner. This ensures that all previous user data, settings, and video recordings are cleared, and the new owner can set up the device with their own preferences.
- The first step is to unmount the device from its current location using the included tools.
- Then place the camera into reset mode by pressing and holding the setup button on the back of the camera for approximately 10 to 15 seconds until the camera chimes twice.
- Once the camera has been reset, all previous data will be cleared.
- The third step is to download and install the Ring app and create a new account for the new owner.
- Finally, the new owner should set up the camera by following the instructions in the app to link the camera to their account, choose a name for the camera, and configure additional features.
It’s important to note that the previous owner should also perform a factory reset of the device to ensure that everything connected to it is removed from the account.
If buying a Ring device from someone else and finding out it’s still registered to the previous owner, try contacting them to remove the device from their account.
If this doesn’t work, try factory resetting the device. In case of failure, the only option is to purchase a new device. It’s essential to reset the camera to ensure that the previous owner no longer has access to the device.
Can Ring doorbell be reset to new owner?
Yes, a Ring doorbell can be reset and transferred to a new owner. To reset the device, remove the faceplate and press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds until the LED indicator flashes.
To transfer ownership, remove all data, users, and payment methods from the Ring app and factory reset the doorbell. Steps include downloading videos, removing users, and payment methods, and canceling any protection plans.
Finally, remove the device from the account. For more detailed instructions, contact Ring customer support.
How do you take over ownership of Ring doorbell?
To take over the ownership of a Ring Doorbell, follow these steps:
- Make sure to back up any video footage that you want to keep by downloading it to your device before transferring ownership. Once the ownership is transferred, you will no longer have access to the doorbell’s video history.
- Factory reset the doorbell by going to the Ring app’s device page and tapping “Device Health.” From there, you should see an option to “Reset Device.” This will erase all the doorbell settings and make it easier for the new owner to set it up.
- If the doorbell is tied to a subscription service (e.g., Ring Protect), make sure to cancel the subscription if you no longer need it.
- If you have added any shared users to your account, they will no longer have access to the doorbell once the ownership is transferred. Make sure to remove any shared users before transferring ownership if necessary.
By following these steps and considering these potential roadblocks, you can easily take over the ownership of a Ring Doorbell.
Do I Need to Reset My Ring Doorbell for a New Owner?
Yes, a Ring Doorbell should be reset before transferring ownership to a new owner. This will erase all the doorbell settings and make it easier for the new owner to set it up.
To reset the device, the previous owner should remove users and payment methods from their account, perform a factory reset of the device, and cancel any subscription services tied to the doorbell.
Following these steps can ensure a smooth and successful ownership transition.
Can a Ring Device Have Two Owners?
Yes, a Ring device can have two owners, but the second owner is referred to as a shared user. The primary owner can grant access to the device to a shared user, who can view the camera, live preview of doorbells, events, and videos, but cannot modify system settings or account information.
- To add a shared user, the primary owner should open the Ring app, select the device, go to Shared Users, and click Add User.
- To remove a shared user, the primary owner should go to Settings, Users, click on the Shared User Profile, and then click Remove User.
- Transferring ownership of a Ring device requires removing the device from the old owner’s account, which is simple to do.
Can someone bypass a Ring camera?
It is possible to bypass a Ring camera by interrupting the WiFi connection, physically defacing the doorbell, using a cover to block the camera, or moving out of sight of the wide-angle lens. However, attempting to do so may be illegal and can result in consequences such as criminal charges or civil lawsuits. Homeowners should be aware of these methods and take steps to prevent them to protect their privacy and security.