The Blink Doorbell is a smart doorbell that offers live video, HD audio, and interactive notifications. It’s perfect for DIY enthusiasts who want to install their own system without having to deal with the tedious process of hardwiring it. But what happens when the chime stops working?
f you’re experiencing issues with your Blink Chime, follow these simple troubleshooting steps in an attempt to fix it.
Reasons why your Blink Doorbell Chime is Not Working
The Blink Doorbell Chime might not be working for a few reasons.
The chime is actually not compatible with the Blink system
One reason could be that the chime is not compatible with the Blink system. and will need to be replaced in order for the system to function.
The Blink Doorbell Chime is not properly plugged in
In order for the Blink Doorbell Chime to work properly, it must be plugged into an alternating current (AC) transformer. The doorbell must also have a jumper contact that matches the transformer. If the doorbell is not ringing properly, the jumper contact should be changed.
The Blink Doorbell is not connected to the internet
If the Blink Doorbell Chime is not working, it may be because it is not connected to the internet. The Blink Doorbell needs a working Wi-Fi connection to send alerts and update settings.
If you have a wired installation, and power to the chime system goes out, a doorbell press only plays the Blink chime sound from the doorbell. When power to the chime system comes back on, a doorbell press will activate the chime and play the Blink chime sound from the doorbell.
How to Fix a Blink Doorbell Chime That’s Not Working
If your Blink doorbell chime isn’t working, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it. First, make sure you have the latest version of the Blink app installed on your phone.
Then, press the button on the app to complete the setup. To test the doorbell chime, press the button on the app and listen for the sound. If you don’t hear anything, make sure your phone is connected to the same network as your doorbell chime.
Blink Mechanical Chime
If your Blink doorbell chime is not working, there are a few things you can check. First, make sure that the chime is compatible with the Blink system. You can find this information in the Blink user manual.
Next, test the sound of the chime by pressing the button on the doorbell. If you don’t hear anything, it’s possible that the chimes are not properly connected to the Blink base station. Check all of the connections and make sure they are tight.
If the chime still isn’t working, you may need to replace the chimes. You can purchase replacement chimes from most home improvement stores or online retailers that sell Blink products.
Blink Digital Chime
If you’re having issues hearing the Blink Digital chimes even after calibrating the device, it’s possible that the chimes currently installed in your home need to be replaced. Make sure you purchase newer mechanical chimes that are compatible with the Blink doorbell.
How Can You Get Your Blink Doorbell to Ring Inside the House?
Connect Your Blink Doorbell to a Chime Box
To connect your Blink Doorbell to a chime box, first, find the silver pins on the back of the doorbell. Then, connect the wires for your chime box to these silver pins.
Make sure that the voltage is between 16 and 24 volts at 10 Amps. Finally, verify that the wires have an AC between 16 and 24 volts at 10 Amps.
Connect Your Blink Doorbell to Amazon Echo Devices
- To connect your Blink Doorbell to Amazon Echo Devices, you need to take the following steps:
- Open the Alexa App on your smartphone and tap the menu icon.
- Select “Skills and Games.” Then type Blink and select “Blink Skills.” Add the skills to Alexa by pressing “Enable to use.”
- Login to your Blink account. Press “Discover Devices” to connect to your Blink Doorbell. A screen will pop up asking you where your doorbell is located – you can skip this step.
- Go to “Devices.” Find your Blink Doorbell under “Cameras.” Press the gear icon on the top right corner.
- Under “Announcement devices,” select the Echo device you want to use as your chime/doorbell ringer inside the house. Toggle on “Doorbell Press Announcements” to get notifications from Alexa whenever someone rings your doorbell outside.
- If you have an Echo device with a screen (such as the Echo Show 8), you can also access Blink’s Live View by saying, “Alexa, show Blink Doorbell.” To make Live View start automatically when someone presses your doorbell outside, go back to the Blink Doorbell settings (under “Devices” in your Blink account) and toggle on the “Live View on Doorbell Press” setting.
There are a few things you can try if your Blink doorbell isn’t working. Make sure the battery is charged and try resetting the device. If that doesn’t work, we may need you to contact Blinks support.