Most home security products are fairly expensive and require a subscription. If you’re like me, you have multiple subscriptions that all cost money every month.
Every year we purchase more devices to try and keep our homes safe but this is becoming increasingly difficult as the number of subscriptions increases with each new device purchased in order to make smart features work properly. This can get really expensive when looking at monthly costs for things such as doorbells, cameras, etc.
I’ve reviewed a lot of different models over time, looking for something that offers both ease of use and quality features.
This post will help you decide which of the 5 best-rated wireless & wired video doorbell cameras with free storage and without subscription fees is right for you.
The Eufy Video Doorbell Dual is the best option if you want a video doorbell without having to pay monthly fees. It has great camera quality, Alexa and Google support, and local encrypted storage. It’s also easy to wirelessly install.
How Do Video Doorbells Without a Subscription Work?
Video doorbells that don’t have a subscription save recordings locally on the device or base unit. This can be harder to review, as you usually need to be in your home to watch it back.
Some brands, like Eufy and Lorex, have overcome this by having the local storage on a separate unit inside your house.
Top 5 best-rated video doorbell cameras with free storage and without a subscription
#1. Eufy Smart Wi-Fi 2K Video Doorbell
The Eufy 2k Doorbell Camera is a high-resolution video doorbell that does not require a subscription. It has a clean and crisp camera that produces good-quality videos. It is the best alternative to Ring doorbell without a subscription.
It also has two power options: you can run it directly off of your old doorbell system, or use the battery option which allows for up to 6 months of usage between charges.
The Eufy Smart Wi-Fi 2K Video Doorbell video doorbell camera has some of the best motion detection features on the market, including Smart Human Detection and Activity Zones.
The audio on the Eufy is also top-tier, and communication between the doorbell and the app is crystal clear. The Eufy Smart Wi-Fi 2K Video Doorbell is a great option for those looking for a battery-powered video doorbell camera without a subscription.
The data storage on the Eufy is locally encrypted and 16GB in size, which should be enough for most applications. Like many video doorbells, it only works with 2.4GHz WiFi networks and won’t connect to 5GHz networks. One of the best features of Eufy is its responsive customer service, which many customers seem to love.
- It has two power options: you can run it directly off of your old doorbell system, or use the battery option which allows for up to 6 months of usage between charges.
- The motion detection on the Eufy is next-level and includes features such as Smart Human Detection and Activity Zones.
- The audio on the Eufy is top-tier, and communication between the doorbell and the app is crystal clear.
- The data storage on the Eufy is locally encrypted and 16GB in size, which should be enough for most applications.
- Like many video doorbells, it only works with 2.4GHz WiFi networks.
- One of the best features of Eufy is its responsive customer service, which many customers seem to love.
- The design of the Eufy is sleek and black, and the button is surrounded by a blue LED ring.
- The data playback on the Eufy is top-tier, with videos recorded in 2K resolution and producing incredibly clean and crisp videos.
- Overall, the Eufy is one of the best video doorbells on the market today!
- Rich features for a video doorbell
- Easy to use and install
- Many power options
- Next-level motion detection.
- Excludable and clear video: Crisp videos with a 160-degree field of view.
- Excellent audio: Clear and top-tier audio quality.
- Customer service is responsive and bug-free: Response to customer feedback and bugs quickly.
- Very affordable: One of the most affordable video doorbells on the market.
- Data storage and usability: Keeps videos on internal storage, protected by military-grade AES-256 data encryption.
- Good battery life: 6-month battery life allows you to use the video doorbell for long periods of time without having to recharge it frequently.
- Supports Alexa and Google Assistant: Allows you to control the video doorbell with your voice through Alexa or Google Assistant respectively.
- No Free cloud storage
- No expandable memory: The 16GB internal storage on the HomeBase is limited.
- it only works with 2.4GHz WiFi networks and won’t connect to 5GHz networks.
#2. Lorex 2K Video Doorbell – Best Wired Video Doorbell Without A Subscription
The Lorex 2K Video Doorbell is a great wired video doorbell option because it has a lot of smart features. These include support for both Amazon Echo and Google smart displays, person detection, and motion zones.
Additionally, this doorbell comes with an integrated step nightlight so you can see any after-dark visitors clearly and an included Micro SD card for storing files. The Lorex 2K Video Doorbell is a great choice for those who want a wired doorbell without a subscription.
- The Doorbell Camera is detailed and has a good field of view: The camera on the Lorex 2K Video Doorbell is detailed and offers a good field of view.
- Comes complete with smart features: Supports Amazon Echo and Google smart displays as well as person detection and motion zones.
- Includes an integrated step nightlight: The doorbell comes with an integrated step nightlight so you can see any after-dark visitors with great clarity.
- Can store large amounts of video: Comes with an included Micro SD card for storing files that you can upgrade up to a capacity of 128GB
- The Lorex 2K Video Doorbell comes with an included Micro SD card but does not support higher capacities like 4k or 8k videos.
- It is expensive
#3. Eufy Dual Camera Video Doorbell
The Eufy Dual Camera Video Doorbell is a reliable and feature-rich doorbell system that offers two cameras for excellent security. The 2K video doorbell offers a good mix of installation options, secure local storage, and extensive smart motion features and notifications.
The onboard storage here will allow you to store up to 6 months’ worth of video with 20 seconds as the default length, which is very handy, and on the point of 6 months, that’s also the expected battery life from this doorbell.
The secondary camera provides double the motion detection, and with the introduction of a second camera, the Eufy Dual Camera Video Doorbell reduces the chance of false positive notifications by upwards of 95%. This doorbell is affordable and has long battery life.
- The Eufy Dual Camera Video Doorbell is a reliable and feature-rich doorbell system that offers two cameras for excellent security.
- The 2K video doorbell offers a good mix of installation options, secure local storage, and extensive smart motion features and notifications.
- The onboard storage here will allow you to store up to 6 months’ worth of video with 20 seconds as the default length, which is very handy, and on the point of 6 months, that’s also the expected battery life from this doorbell.
- The onboard storage is low, only allowing you to store up to 6 months’ worth of video.
- It is expensive
#4. Amcrest 1080p Video Doorbell Camera Pro [Wired]
The Amcrest 1080p Video Doorbell Camera Pro is a great option if you are looking for a doorbell camera that does not require a monthly subscription. This is a hard-wired only doorbell and uses your current doorbell wires (16V-24V). There is no battery-powered option.
It also utilizes your existing mechanical or digital chime.
Some key features of Amcrest include:
- AI Human Detection
- Motion Detection Zones
- Live View and Two-Way Audio
- Mobile App Notifications
- Data Storage and Usability.
The Amcrest has a 4MP sensor which gives you a 2560x 1920 resolution and a wide 164-degree field of view, so you won’t miss a thing. You can also swap the resolution to 1080p in the app, which is an uncommon—but cool—feature. In regard to video quality, there are no complaints.
- The Amcrest is compatible with dual-band Wi-Fi Networks (2.4GHz and 5GHz).
- The Amcrest utilizes a MicroSD card to store video and is compatible with up to 128GB of storage—which is a lot for a doorbell.
- It has a 4MP sensor which gives you a 2560x 1920 resolution and a wide 164-degree field of view.
- It has WDR (Wide Dynamix Range), which can help reduce overexposed images on sunny days; this feature is impressive
- It also has a built-in LED that illuminates your doorway. The LED can be activated by motion detection or scheduled to stay on during select hours of the day.
- Works with Google Home or Amazon Alexa
- Very afforadable
- The Amcrest is hard-wired only and uses your current doorbell wires (16V-24V), so you must be near the door to use it.
- The mobile app is not very user-friendly and has a low resolution of 4MP.
#5. Remo+ RemoBall S Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Camera
The RemoBall S Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Camera is a smart doorbell that provides 24/7 surveillance without the need for a subscription. The camera records HD video, and you can actually stream the video as well.
The RemoBall has infrared night vision, meaning that anything in the detection area at night should be shown clearly on video.
Five different users can watch the stream at the same time, meaning the whole family can keep track of what’s going on at home from anywhere they are.
- The RemoBall S Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Camera is a smart doorbell that provides 24/7 surveillance without a subscription.
- The camera records HD video, and you can actually stream the video as well.
- The wide angle lens gives you a view of more of your surroundings, and five different users can watch the stream at the same time.
- Super affordable
- The main con of RemoBall is that it only offers three days of free cloud storage. For people who don’t want to download their footage every few days, this might not be sufficient.
- Additionally, the audio and video quality can sometimes seem subpar.
- The motion detection might also be overly sensitive, leading to a lot of false positives.
How To Choose a Video Doorbell Camera Without Subscription?
In order to install a video doorbell, you will need a doorbell, wire connector plate, level, drill, hammer, nail, screwdriver, tape measure, wrench, and pliers. If you already have an existing doorbell, you will also need screws and a doorbell connector plate.
WiFi networks come in different types, and some routers are dual-band compatible and can operate on both a 5 GHz network and a 2.4 GHz network. This is beneficial because the 5 GHz network has less congestion and interference than the 2.4 GHz network, so devices that use it can have a better connection.
A two-way audio system is a feature found on doorbell cameras that allows the user to communicate with people who are in front of the doorbell. This is useful for when it is dark and vision is obscured. Most doorbell cameras without subscriptions have this feature.
There are two types of power supply for video doorbells: those that are connected to your house’s electrical supply, and those that are battery-operated.
Most doorbells should be connected to your electrical supply, but if you think this is too much for your power supply to handle, you can look for a battery-operated doorbell instead. Battery-operated doorbells don’t require a subscription, so they may be a good option for you.
Field of View
A wider field of view is more secure as it eliminates blind spots where an intruder could hide. A video doorbell with a larger field of view can be used not only to identify visitors but also as a security tool to deter burglars. Even a video doorbell with a smaller field of view can be helpful in identifying people at the door and seeing when packages have been delivered.
Video doorbell cameras come in a variety of resolutions, from HD to lower quality. The higher the resolution, the better the quality of the image. HD video will show you more detail than a lower-quality picture.
The feature of motion detection on a video doorbell camera is one that sends an alert to the user when it detects movement in front of the door. This can be useful in order to know when someone is approaching your home.
Some video doorbells have additional features that allow for customization of motion detection, such as being able to adjust the sensitivity or angle at which the camera will detect movement.
If this is something that is important to you, then you should look for a video doorbell camera that offers these features.
Ease of Use: Is it User-friendly?
A video doorbell should be easy to use, with an app that lets you access the doorbell video and program the doorbell. The app should be easy to use and should let you access the doorbell video, and program the doorbell.
Look for a video doorbell that is easy to use, with an app that lets you access the doorbell video and program the doorbell. Make sure the video doorbell is user-friendly, with straightforward instructions and no complicated features.
Night vision is a feature found in some doorbell cameras that allows the user to see clearly, even in low light or darkness. This can be extremely helpful in deterring and investigating break-ins, as they often happen at night.
Video doorbells that do not come with a subscription often have free cloud storage for a set amount of days. These doorbells usually have a micro SD card for storage instead of relying on the cloud.
Some video doorbells without a subscription come with free cloud storage that is limited to a set number of days. These doorbells typically have a micro SD card for storage instead of using free cloud storage.
What are the benefits of subscription-free video doorbell cameras?
Improve home security
Doorbell cameras offer an extra layer of security, protecting your home from potential burglars. The Eufy 2K is a great option because it offers excellent 2k video with a wide-angle lens, and it is affordable without any monthly fees.
Doorbell cameras can improve the security of your home by allowing you to see who is at your door. They are also easy to use and set up.
Allows homeowners to see who is at the door
Some benefits of having a subscription-free video doorbell camera are that you can see who is at your door and what they are doing. If you have a higher resolution camera, you will be able to see more detail in the footage.
A wider field of view allows you to see the full length of the person at the door and any packages they may have with them.
You can also use the video doorbell camera as a standalone security camera without needing a smart home system or monitoring service.
Helps to deter burglars and other criminals
The video doorbell camera can be a great deterrent for thieves and other criminals. The camera provides live updates and two-way talk features that allow you to communicate with someone who is on your property.
The night vision capabilities allow you to see what is happening even when it is dark outside. The description of the intruder that the camera provides can be helpful in identifying them.
It can be used to monitor activity around the home?
Video doorbell cameras can be used to monitor who is at the door, which can be useful for security purposes. It can provide an extra level of safety by allowing users to see who is visiting their homes.
It can be used to provide evidence in the event of a crime
Doorbells can be used if required by law in a criminal case under a legally enforceable search warrant or other equivalent court order that is supported by probable cause. Video sharing is not permitted without customer consent. This ensures that your privacy is protected and that you have control over who has access to your footage.
What is the best affordable video doorbell Camera without a subscription?
The Eufy Smart Wi-Fi 2K Video Doorbell is a great choice for those looking for an affordable, yet high-quality, video doorbell camera. It has a 2K resolution for the crisp and clear output. It also has a 4:3 aspect ratio which will allow you to see more of your doorstep. Plus, it comes with pre-programmed responses for tasks such as telling someone to leave a package at the back door.
Here is how to install the Eufy 2K doorbell camera with ease:
Can you use Ring Doorbell without a subscription?
Yes, you can use Ring Doorbell without a subscription. However, you will miss out on features like viewing recorded videos.
Does WYZE doorbell require a subscription?
No. The Wyze Video Doorbell Pro is a doorbell that does not require a subscription. It is well-made and works well.
Which Ring doorbell does not require a subscription?
You can use all Ring Doorbell models without a subscription, but your experience will be very limited. You won’t be able to access most of the features that make Ring doorbells so great, like 24/7 professional monitoring, cloud storage, and more. If you’re looking for a fully featured doorbell camera, you’ll need to sign up for a subscription.
Does ring still save videos without a subscription?
Yes. If you have a Ring doorbell, you can generally only view the footage from it once. If you want to be able to save the footage and review it multiple times, you should get a subscription. With a subscription, you can save the footage and review it as often as you like.
Is there a video doorbell without a monthly fee?
Yes, there are a number of video doorbells on the market that do not require a monthly subscription. These doorbells provide excellent security for your home and can be monitored from anywhere in the world.